Powder Coating (Electrostatic)
Plastic Coatings have been Powder Coating or Powder Painting with Epoxy Polyesters for many years. We have three conveyorised plants, the largest and latest line being a ‘state of the art’ piece of equipment with the latest technology coating booth and spray guns.
Powder Coating consists of the spraying of highly charged fine powder particles around metal components suspended on an earthed conveyor track. The charged particles of powder are held onto the surface of the metal component purely by the induced (electrostatic) charge.
Both component and powder are then stoved at around 180 degrees C for 10 minutes at which stage the powder melts and cures (chemically cross links). This irreversible change results in a smooth attractive finish
• Excellent Decorative finish
• Variety of Colours available
• Swift Turnaround
• Environmentally friendly process (no solvents used)
• Thin, hard, long lasting coating
• Textures, Hammer and Metallic finishes
• Excellent corrosion resistance combined with Electropaint
Typical Components are:
• Most metalwork used in Leisure industry products
• Contract Furniture
• Automotive parts
• Commercial Vehicle parts
• Security products
• Domestic kitchen and bathroom parts
• Medical Industry items for disabled persons.
• Hospital equipment
• plus many others
Next page: Dip Coating in Thermoplastic Powders
Previous: Electrophoretic (Cathodic) Painting