High performance thermoplastic coating.
We are proud to have been involved in the manufacturing of rail type seating systems that are being used for safe standing trials at football grounds. Our high performance thermoplastic coating (Plascoat thermoplastic coatings) was selected for the trial seating at the Manchester clubs and also at Chelsea.
When it comes to providing long-term protection for metal against tough conditions, Plascoat thermoplastic coatings will last longer than most (if not all) traditional coating powders - and without damaging the environment. It’s unparalleled performance has been widely proven across a range of applications.
Some of the most durable and flexible metal coatings available in today’s market, Thermoplastic coatings can be applied using a dip coating process or by using electrostatic spraying. Either method offers a level of corrosion protection that is unmatched by any other product.
The benefits of using our thermoplastic coatings rather than using galvanise or a standard powder coat are:
- Warm to touch for user comfort
- Chip and impact resistance for longevity in tough environments
- Easy clean / Anti graffiti
- Attractive appearance and Corporate colour match available
- Fire Safe - Self extinguishing and Low Smoke and Fume
- Excellent corrosion resistance and longevity
- Excellent UV protection prevents fading and chalking
Plascoat thermoplastic coatings will outlast most, if not all, traditional coating powders in providing long-term protection for metal against harsh climates without damaging the environment. It has a proven track record of unbeatable performance in a wide range of applications.
The corrosion protection given by Plascoat thermoplastic coatings is second to none and it is amongst the most versatile and durable coatings available on the market today.
As a thermoplastic coating powder, Plascoat thermoplastic coatings can be either sprayed on to substrates using the electrostatic process or applied by bed dipping. In field and laboratory testing the following results have been achieved on suitably pre-treated metal:
- Salt spray testing to ASTM B117 in excess of 20,000 hours with no corrosion, cracking, blistering, or flaking.
- After scribe testing to ASTM B117 for 1,000 hours on suitably pre-treated steel, under-film corrosion was between 0 and 0.5mm.
- Zero loss of adhesion when testing to ASTM D 3359-A.
- No significant change in colour, gloss or mechanical properties following 2,000 hours QUV ASTM G154-06 (which supercedes ASTM G53), Xenon arc (ASTM G26) or five years when exposed to sun and marine conditions at 45°C.
- Plascoat thermoplastic coatings are able to protect metal from the impact of stones to automotive specifications (such as SAE 400), to water industry standards (WIS 4 52 01 or AS/NZS 4158) and from aggregate slurries (ASTM A926-94), when used at a suitable coating thickness.
- ASTM A 926-94 (salt and grit) testing has been performed successfully on Plascoat thermoplastic coatings. Whilst all other standard coatings (including galvanised and fusion-bonded epoxy materials) were completely stripped after one million cycles, more than half of the Plascoat thermoplastic coatings coating remained.
If you are ready to make the move to spectator safe standing please contact our team to discuss your individual requirements.